Cerca nel blog

mercoledì 7 dicembre 2022

Riflesso, di Gujil

Back, tornare, col cuore
con la mente... i giorni, i volti;
un disperato accordo in toni maggiori,
la musica, loro, i corpi...


 Ambulance blues

Back in the old folky daysThe air was magic when we playedThe riverboat was rockin' in the rainMidnight was the time for the raid
Oh, Isabela, proud IsabelaThey tore you down and plowed you underYou're only real with your make-up onHow could I see you and stay too long?
All along the Navajo TrailBurn-outs stub their toes on garbage pailsWaitresses are cryin' in the rainWill their boyfriends pass this way again?
Oh, Mother Goose, she's on the skidsShoe ain't happy, neither are the kidsShe needs someone that she can scream atAnd I'm such a heel for makin' her feel so bad
I guess I'll call it sickness goneIt's hard to say the meaning of this songAn ambulance can only go so fastIt's easy to get buried in the pastWhen you try to make a good thing last
I saw today in the entertainment sectionThere's room at the top for private detectionTo mom and dad this just doesn't matterBut it's either that or pay off the kidnapper
So all you critics sit aloneYou're no better than me for what you've shownWith your stomach pump and your hook and ladder dreamsWe could get together for some scenes
Well, I'm up in T.O. keepin' jive aliveAnd out on the corner it's half past fiveBut the subways are emptyAnd so are the cafes
Except for the farmer's marketAnd I still can hear him sayYou're all just pissin' in the windYou don't know it but you are
And there ain't nothin' like a friendWho can tell you you're just pissin' in the wind
I never knew a man could tell so many liesHe had a different story for every set of eyesHow can he remember who he's talking to?'Cause I know it ain't me, and hope it isn't you
 
Neil Young

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento